Functional Gut Diagnostics Ltd (“we”, “our” or “us”) operates functionalgutdiagnostics.com website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
- “Service” is functionalgutdiagnostics.com website operated by Functional Gut Diagnostics Ltd.
- “Personal Data” means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession.
- “Usage Data” is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- “Cookies” are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- “Data Processors” (or “Service Provider”) means any natural or legal person who processes data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data.
- “Data Subject” (or “User”) is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
2. Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
2.1 Types of Data Collected
2.11 Personal Data
We may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
2.12 Usage Information
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s internet protocol address (IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on any pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
2.13 Tracking and Cookies Data
Examples of cookies we use:
- Session cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security cookies for security purposes.
3. Use of Data
Functional Gut Diagnostics Ltd use the collected information for various purposes to:
- Provide and maintain our Service.
- Notify you about changes to our Service.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so.
- Provide customer support.
- Gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service.
- Monitor the usage of our Service.
- Detect, prevent and address technical issues.
4. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We need to perform a contract with you.
- You have given us permission to do so.
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights.
- To comply with the law.
5. Retention of Data
Functional Gut Diagnostics Ltd will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
6. Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the of United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United Kingdom and process it there.
7. Disclosure of Data
7.1 Business Transaction
7.2 Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Functional Gut Diagnostics Ltd may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
7.3 Legal Requirements
Functional Gut Diagnostics Ltd may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Functional Gut Diagnostics Ltd.
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service.
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public.
- Protect against legal liability.
8. Security of Data
The security of your data is important to use but remember that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
“Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CaIOPPA)
Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by the preferences or settings page of your web browser.
Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you will have certain data protection rights. Functional Gut Diagnostics Ltd aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data, we hold about you and if you want to be removed from our systems, please contact us. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right to restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structure, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any where Functional Gut Diagnostics Ltd relied on your consent to process your Personal Data. Please note we may ask you to verify your identify before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
9. Service Providers
We may employ third-party companies and individuals (“Service Providers)” to facilitate our Service, provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related activities or assist us in analysing how our Service is used. These Service Providers have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
9.1 Analytics Providers
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
10. Links To Other Sites
11. Children’s Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us.
If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
13. Contact Us
14. Company Information
Functional Gut Diagnostics Ltd
Company Registration Number: 09205938
Lewis House, Great Chesterford Court, Great Chesterford, Essex, United Kingdom, CB10 1PF