Do you want to know more about how to control and improve your gut health?
On Sunday 24th June, we are hosting the ‘Gut Health Reset Workshop‘ at the Functional Gut Clinic in Manchester City Centre.
This event is for anybody looking to improve their gut health – you may already suffer from a gut disorder or are just seeking more information about how to maximise the health of your gut. Either way, attending this event is a great idea. It will give you the knowledge, strategies, and tools you need to optimise your gut health and is a chance to learn just how important and integral our gut is to our general well-being.
Each speaker on the day is highly qualified in their practice, and so will be able to give you safe, informed and accurate advice:
- Kirsten Jackson – Director of The Food Treatment Clinic & Specialist Dietitian. Kirsten founded the Food Treatment Clinic in 2015 after acknowledging the need for digestive health sufferers to have a much more supported approach to their care.
- Bethany Florey – Associate Specialist Dietitian at The Food Treatment Clinic. Since achieving a degree in applied biology at The University of Nottingham, Beth has worked in China and now holds a position as a dietitian in Oldham NHS. Beth recently joined the team at The Food Treatment Clinic, providing clients with individual and specialised support.
- Emma Thackray – Fermentation Specialist & Co-Founder of Booch & Brine. With expertise in food fermentation, Emma loves food and cooking (her house is full of experimental pots of fermented food and drink and the interesting smells that go with it!)
- Andrea Everingham – Yoga Instructor. Andrea trained in California with Intensive Yoga Therapy, completing 500hrs of training in total. She holds an International Yoga Alliance qualification and has also recorded an additional 300hrs of training under the tutelage of Jivamukti founders Sharon Gannon and David Life.
This one-off event will last a tad over 4 hours, starting at 10am and finishing at 2.15pm. A good way to spend a Sunday morning before sampling the many attractions of Manchester (our clinic is in the centre of the city, sandwiched between the Northern Quarter and Spinningfields districts).
The day is split into 30-minute presentations with a Yoga Workshop in between to avoid being too information heavy. Topics that will be covered include:
- Diet and gut health
- Lifestyle and gut health
- 30-minute yoga workshop
- A FODMAPS talk
- Probiotics and micro-biota
- Food fermentation demonstration
Each attendee will also enjoy a low FODMAPS lunch and will receive a take-home goody bag full of gut-friendly products and vouchers from A2 Milk, Bimuno, FODMarket, Alforex, Bay’s Kitchen, Fody, Fodilicious and Biokult. There will also be the chance to win a hamper full of gut-friendly goodies from FODMarket.
Tickets are limited and are expected to sell quickly.
Book directly via Eventbrite here.